IA 3010 Borrelia burgdorferi
Borrelia burgdorferi sensu lato, a spiral microaerophilic bacterium is the causing agent for Lyme Disease. Infection takes place by the bit of an infected Tick (in Germany: Ixodes ricinus). Depending on regions up to 30% of tick are thought to are infected with Borrelia. Lyme borreliosis is one of the most frequent tick borne diseases worldwide.
Disease is not quite easy to diagnose because a direct pathogen detection is hardly possible and symptoms are variable. Diagnosis by detection of serum antibodies is therefor an important tool.
AID Borrelia burgdorferi ImmunoArray enables a sensitive detection of antibodies against 9 Borrelia antigens.
- Immunoblot with 9 specific Borrelia antigens for serum antibody detection in array form
- 96 well format suited for high throughput processing
- Automated system can be offered
- Evaluation and documentation with AID Reader and AIDot software
- Specimen: human serum
- Results within 2 hours
- Internal controls for documentation of correct assay processing