COMMUNITY ACQUIRED PNEUMONIA
RDB 2200 Bordetella pertussis
Diagnosis in the case of „classical“ pertussis symptoms is often done only by clinical indication. An evidence for further diagnostics is given if longer lasting cough without the typical coughing fit persists in unvaccinated children, adolescents and adults but also in vaccinated persons.
Direct detection of B. pertussis and B. parapertussis from deep nasopharyngeal swabs or nasopharyngeal secretions
is possible in early stages of the first infection especially in infants.
Bacterial cultures require extensive clinical experience in sample drawing and transport. Furthermore the culture of B. pertussis last three days minimum.
With the kit AID Bordetella pertussis a reliable detection of the pathogens is possible within just 4 hours.
- Direct detection of Bordetella pertussis and Bordetella parapertussis
- Possible specimen: deep nasopharyngeal swabs or nasopharyngeal secretions
- Results within 4 hours
- Suited for automates systems
- Control bands on every strip shows correct DNA isolation, amplification and hybridization
- Evaluation and documentation with AID scanner and software